Thread: Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3 in Shootout
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
leafsfuture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
I never expected a contender in 3 years, no, and I want to see Burke and the rest of the management team continue to carry out this plan, but they can and have made mistakes.

Would playing young players like Kadri over Lombardi or Armstrong really put us in a worse position? It's hard to say that it would. To me, Kadri seems to be ready for a legitimate shot at the NHL. Where we sit, wait, and watch as he goes through ups and downs as he starts his NHL career. The AHL has been a good development route for him, but I think this year would have been a great jumping off point for his NHL career instead of stagnating in the AHL. That's not to say more AHL time hasn't benefitted him, but I think he would have gotten valuable experience with the Leafs that he just can't get with the Marlies.
Absolutely agree with this post.

At this time last year I truly believed Kadri was ready for a full-time spot this year. While I do believe Kadri is a better player overall right now than he was last year, the issue for me is that he is still trying to figure out what he can pull off in the NHL. The main reason for that is his longest stint in the NHL has been 17 games, and that was his first ever callup.

That being said, if Kadri keeps up playing the way he has this year, I find it hard to think he isnt on our opening day roster next year

leafsfuture is online now   Reply With Quote