View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Definitely agree. Which is why I think it's huge to get first but I just don't think it's likely. The Rangers have very little room for error if they want that top spot because let's be honest, Pittsburgh isn't slowing down. I thought the law of averages would factor in at some point but I just gave up with that, they look like world beaters. The Rangers just gotta take care of their own business right now, they can't bank on Pitt losing games because it doesn't look likely.
Personally I think the ceiling for them is the ECF. They are just not enough of a threat in the offensive zone to be legit SC contenders. The only way this team gets to the dance is if the stars align. Like Pitt suffers a bad injury down the stretch or something.

Honestly, I'm happy with the team. We didn't have to go through the torture of hoping for a playoff spot.

As long as the Rangers work really hard and establish their forechecking better during the playoffs; I will be a happy camper. This is going to be a great learning experience for our younger players. IMO, they are ahead of schedule on where they are supposed to be. This offseason is going to be seeing which of our pieces stay or go.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote