View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Personally I think the ceiling for them is the ECF. They are just not enough of a threat in the offensive zone to be legit SC contenders. The only way this team gets to the dance is if the stars align. Like Pitt suffers a bad injury down the stretch or something.

Honestly, I'm happy with the team. We didn't have to go through the torture of hoping for a playoff spot.

As long as the Rangers work really hard and establish their forechecking better during the playoffs; I will be a happy camper. This is going to be a great learning experience for our younger players. IMO, they are ahead of schedule on where they are supposed to be. This offseason is going to be seeing which of our pieces stay or go.
Yeah they've already exceeded my expectations for the regular season and as long as they can get deep into the 2nd round, I'm satisfied as that's what my prediction was going to the season. I didn't think this was a SCF team heading in and I still didn't really see it during the season even though we've sat atop first for a while. Not to say I'm saying there's no way this team gets there and I'm writing the season off but realistically speaking, it will be tough to get there especially with the Pens being hot. I'm extremely happy with the way everything has gone this year as this is just the beginning of what should be a stretch of 3+ years of the team being near the top of the league. I just hope this team doesn't get knocked out in the first round because it would cause everyone here to go nuts and destroy all the good feelings of what was a great season and if we fall to 4th and face Philly, I'm afraid that's what could happen with Bryz playing well now.