Thread: Mike York
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Sather Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
First off who would we be giving up? This team's chemistry is through the roof right now and really doesnt NEED any changes.

Second, like someone said above, we definitely do NOT need another small foward.

Third, I liked York when he is was here with Fleury and Lindros, but that time has come and gone. Its time to move on and the Rangers are playing well right with no real need for a trade unless its a cant-pass-up offer.
Some people might not remember but York was an excellent penalty killer. As much as I like Moore, Ward, Betts, Ortmeyer, Nieminen, Rucchin none of them have really put up much in offensive numbers. I know they do their job as penalty killers but eventually their lack of offense might start to hurt this team. There are gonna be nights that Jagr and Co. won't put up any points, and to be successful in the long run it wouldn't hurt to have a 3rd and/or 4th line that chips in some goals occasionally. Moore has 15 points in 58 games, Betts has 5 points in 42 games, Rucchin has 27 points in 55 games (all three combined have about the same amount of points as York this year). In my opinion, York would be an upgrade over any of these Centers.