View Single Post
Old
02-18-2006, 10:30 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
Some people might not remember but York was an excellent penalty killer. As much as I like Moore, Ward, Betts, Ortmeyer, Nieminen, Rucchin none of them have really put up much in offensive numbers. I know they do their job as penalty killers but eventually their lack of offense might start to hurt this team. There are gonna be nights that Jagr and Co. won't put up any points, and to be successful in the long run it wouldn't hurt to have a 3rd and/or 4th line that chips in some goals occasionally. Moore has 15 points in 58 games, Betts has 5 points in 42 games, Rucchin has 27 points in 55 games (all three combined have about the same amount of points as York this year). In my opinion, York would be an upgrade over any of these Centers.
I understand the offense from the 3rd and 4th lines hasnt been much this season, but thats not what there asked to do. There checking lines, not scoring lines. And they have chipped in some offense here and their and thats all thats needed. The Rangers already made that trade for when there are nights where Jagr and his line does not score, and it was the trade for Sykora. Since the Sykora trade, there hasnt been a night where the offense hasnt been there. Thats been the whole problem the last 7 years, the Rangers always had scoring players on there last two lines which is why they never had good chemistry or players in the right roles. This year they do. They dont need York. They have great PKers who I dont care if they score or not as long as they do their job. I dont need to see our 3rd and 4th lines producing goals. If they add York it will be to play on the second line and I just dont see it happening mainly because he is a small foward and the Rangers just cant take on another small guy. If they add a foward it has to be a decent size guy. The Rangers dont need to add a 3rd and 4th line player. I have a funny feeling that Sather is gonna pull off a big trade near the deadline for a 2nd line center or winger. Either way. And I have a feeling it will either be for Tkachuk or Jokinen.