View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 06:49 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
The two goal lead being the worst lead in hockey may have become the 3 goal lead. I thought I heard Locker say that.

Is it only Dale that eases up, or are there a lot of other coaches that are easing up off the gas as well? Or, do no other teams do it, yet somehow still blow the lead? I suspect it happens to all coaches, if even once a year.

Are all coaches dumb? I have always hated the prevent in all sports but think there is a reason the experts do it.
rh, there's a difference between throttling back and shutting the engines down.

the caps didnt ease up. they took the puck moving players off the ice and replaced them with pluggers. the puck spent the entire time in the caps end of the ice. no beagle and company didnt give up a goal against but the helped wear out the goaltender and the defense while allowing the jets to build more and more momentum.

meanwhile the caps are no threat to counter attack. hendricks and beagle had a two one one in the 3rd period that didnt result at a play at the net much less a shot at the net much less a scoring chance. that was all they had to offer.

are you really standing up for that coaching, rh? at this point i am convinced you are just yanking my chain.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote