View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
You are saying a whole lot of nothing, and speaking in platitudes.

I have seen Ray frikkin Bourque do the exact same thing on the exact same type of play. He got beat. There is nothing a coach can say in that situation. But in your fantasy world, the coach is going to break down the clock tell him when at the exact second he supposed to take the middle away. Not bearing in mind he has to not only worry about either a shot from the puck carrier or a skater coming to left. On top of that, that he also might be screening his goalie.
Yeah... this is where I think you have no idea what you're talking about. The defenseman shouldn't be worried about the carrier taking a shot, at all, other than forcing him to do so. If he's between the goalie and the puck, he's out of position, so properly and completely executed, he should not be worrying about screening the goaltender.

Besides, I never said Tortorella is going to break down to the exact millisecond anything. What I'm saying is that Tortorella will look at the video with Erixon. Probably ask him what he could have done better to prevent the cross and then tell him to wait until the last reasonable moment to go down for the block. There wouldn't be any need to talk about microseconds.

And be proud. You two have successfully gotten me to give up on this issue (not give in, different thing). Maybe actually think about what I'm saying next time. And maybe look up the definition of platitude.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote