View Single Post
03-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Frank Garrett
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Frank, park on Houston, 3-4 blocks south of the arena for less than $5. Get there early and walk the extra block south on Houston and check out the Kennedy 6th Floor Museum (it's in the building where Oswald fired the fateful shots).

A few words on dinner ... food at the arena isn't bad (I like the barbecue sandwiches) but it's obviously a little expensive. There aren't any really good food spots right downtown but Neo Pizza on Market street is OK for pizzas and calzones and sandwiches. If you want to drive a bit, Chip's (on the tollway) or Twisted Root (near I-75 and the university) ... have very good hamburgers. Both Chips and TW are in "nice" parts of town but the best burger in Dallas is at Wingfields (South Beckley) in South Dallas.
Thanks, ck.

I visited the 6th Floor Museum. Really enjoyed the tour. I also ended up at Twisted Root Burger. The burger was really good and I liked the atmosphere and how they have you draw a name when you order.

The AAC is a sharp looking building and the atmosphere during the Sharks and Ducks games was good. Free tacos for goals in the 3rd was great too. I just drank beer and had Pizza Patron.

The hotel shuttle driver took me to Mi Cocina's in Uptown the first night I was there. Lots of good looking college girls hanging around that area. You guys have it good there.

Frank Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote