View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I agree that he needs to get back to game sharpness, but from what we've seen so far.....he hasn't missed a beat. Which leads to the next question......do you really think Marty Turco is the better goalie at this point?

The fact hasn't changed that TT still needs to be spelled down the stretch and yet the team can't afford automatic losses. Which Turco is at this point. If Anton can't provide something better than Marty Turco, he shouldn't be under contract.
No, I don't think Turco is better, but he IS more experienced and that plays into thinking when the decision comes to call up Khudobin or just leave him where he is.

But again- what is the real benefit of having Khudobin up to backup Thomas? If Thomas starts and gets pulled, the team's probably in a hole. How does that help Khudobin? If the Bruins actually plan on giving Khudobin starts, that's one thing. But if they don't...and that's the point. He's better off playing, not sitting there with the ballcap on his head watching Thomas.

The question was: do the Bruins call up Khudobin for TUESDAY? I answered why I don't think that's the case.

Of course-- if Turco starts tomorrow vs. Anaheim and stinks out the joint, maybe the Bruins do make a move. But with just two games in what if he re-injures the wrist? Best way to determine if Dobby is ready to be a playoff backup is to test him by playing as much as you can. You think playing 1 or 2 of next 9 games does that?