Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs lose boring game 4-1
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Yup, and once the dreamers realise a top 5 pick isnt enough to get us from lottery to contention... they'll comeback whining like usual
It's not THE solution, but it is a big step in the right direction. The thing is we are poised to turn this ship around if we make the right moves. Some teams are not. The pick (not counting any chickens yet) would be a huge asset that we might as well have since not getting the pick makes this season quite useless. If management bungles, yes, things will stay the same. Really I think the dust needs to settle and next year will be much much better and the year after that even better (assuming competence within the organization). We have the right to say that and not be compared to leaf fans because we have actually had success.

I don't think the pick will make us into Stanley Cup contenders overnight, but

The pick + development of the young guys (one huge positive this year) + players coming up in the system + health (variable) + even one or two good roster moves + some amount of luck in possibly getting the right FA (not necessary, but I'm referring to the two big ones this summer and if you need proof see one Cole, Erik) + a good coach = definite chance to be an SC contender.

These things can happen. Not saying they will happen, but it's not too much to ask for. We are not a miserable organization and as much of a chance that we can do things the wrong way, we could also do things the whi...err right way and it will make a world of a difference. Yes this applied to a bunch of teams so really the holistic view of the team needs to be considered, but back to the original point:

it will not hurt to have Grigorenko down the road given we are already eliminated this year.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote