Defense (x8):

Jack Johnson (C) - Erik Johnson
Tim Gleason - Dustin Byfuglien
John Carlson - Justin Faulk
Cam Fowler - Zach Bogosian

Goalies (x3):

Al Montoya
Jack Campbell

Outside of the goalies right now, we could actually ice a really good squad capable of winning this thing. But, like most years, a lot of these players will probably decline, while others may actually end up in the playoffs. Hopefully with the Olympics coming on fast, some of these guys will accept their invites early to get that ball rolling. The nice thing is there are some very good pieces here that we know will be available and if Team USA can corral the majority of Kessel, Ryan, Cole, Pacioretty, Johnson, etc. early then maybe, just maybe it will get other players excited about this opportunity for a change. Pipe dream, I know, but it's always worth a shot. And yes, I purposely left off Umberger. I won't consider him again unless he gives a damn and shows he should be considered.

This hopeful projection will change obviously but Team USA has some very good pieces that are guaranteed to be available and if they can get those aforementioned players on board, they could do some damage. But, with that, they need a good goalie to fall out of the playoffs because the pickings there are too slim right now.