View Single Post
Old
03-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
talk to me about defense first checking line centers in this league that regularly play 20 minutes?? giving jay beagle 20 is like john madden in his prime skating 20 and that didnt happen.

have a look at the league leaders among forwards in toi. which of them is not first line center with defensive skills? which is them is a defense only forward? i dont see one. you are wrong on this.
No, I'm not. Beagle is not averaging 20 minutes either. Hunter's strategy in that game to protect the lead was to play his defense-only players. Beagle is his primary defensive forward right now, so he got those minutes. I obviously think the whole thing was stupid regardless, but I see no evidence that Beagle skated all that time because he's Hunter's favorite. He's the "favorite" right now in that Hunter likes his performance, but if that changes, so will Beagle's role.

I actually don't particularly like a lot of Hunter's approach to distribution of ice time and picking his lineup. I like that it seems to be based on some conception of merit, but I think that conception is way too simplistic.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote