View Single Post
Old
03-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Like I said in the PGT, it's absolutely mind boggling how Cunneyworth has refused to break the DD line despite the fact that we were losing+ refusing to change the PP units despite are PP being one of the worst in the league (not to mention the fact that he seems unaware that he's allowed to break ES lines on the PP, Cole and Max shouldn't be on the same unit since they are both at their best in the the same spot on the PP) but... apparently it's just fine to take one of the best PK foward (technically one of the best in the entire NHL in PK shot differencial) of the top PK unit in the league for absolutely no logical reason. It's a bunch of small things like this added up together that make up for this huge cluster****.
And playing Palushaj on the fourth while Blunden is on the third doesn't make sense.
As I said, our coach is an idiot, plain and simple.
The fact he hasn't broken up that line at ES and PP is part of why I refuse to use the ''he had his hands tied'' excuse. The man has taken one poor coaching decision after another.
The up side to this is that I don't think any coach can actually do a worse job.

Quote:
I like Palushaj, he's only starting to put up a couple of points but I think he's shown nice things all season+ progress, he's obviously better now than he was 5 months ago. He's gotten mostly sheltered minutes but he's shown the ability to outplay his opposition in them, that's a good sign. I think he could end up being one of those guy a good coach won't be scared to use on his top 6 over perhaps slightly better offensive players due to what he brings on defence.
I think, had management not panicked, we'd be in a PO spot right now with Cammy and AK still on this team. With the way Palushaj is playing, I think he, AK and Eller would have formed a great trio versus weaker opposition. They could have dominated, heck, those two dominated with Moen by their side.

Quote:
In his review of last night's game, Olivier (who counts scoring chances for the habs) mentioned on his blog (En attendant les nordiques) something about trying Palushaj with Plekanec and Eller. Makes sense (wich obviously means it won't be done ), Eller seems to be able to play wing when Plekanec is the one centering him and they've shown chemistry together and I think Palushaj and Eller might have played together in the AHL + they've been good together the few times they played on the same line. Bourque might be able to help the third line get a possession boost (the third line is really weakened now that Eller is on the wing with Plek, wich isn't surprising since the setup of that line was basically "Lars Eller carries a bunch of 4th liners and AHLers against second lines opposition").
I wouldn't mind giving that a try seeing how Bourque is absolutely useless. As for next year though, I want Eller back at center, and wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with Gionta and Palushaj as wingers.
We'd obviously have to get another winger for Plekanec though, and hopefully, this time around, a good one.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote