View Single Post
Old
03-25-2012, 10:20 PM
JetsAlternate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
So I guess he should be scratched today And seriously all your posts are about how awesome Radulov is and how bad Kost brothers are. Maybe show a little more respect?
I understand the Kostitsyns are still very good players, but I had the opportunity to watch them often in Montreal, as well as this year with the Predators. They can score, but they're terribly inconsistent and Sergei has never scored more than 50 points. Both Kostitsyns are going to finish with fewer points than they did last year; Andrei only has 32 this year, while Sergei doesn't have the offensive presence that Radulov has, nor does he look intimidating every time he is on the ice.

I've been blessed to have watched the Canucks every single game these past few years, and I've seen that team at its best. The Kostitsyns, in comparison, look to me like second-line players who would certainly be able to contribute on the scoreboard but can't carry the offense. Sergei seems a bit to me like Mason Raymond. Erat and Fisher, meanwhile, can be quite scary to play against, as they could seemingly score any time they're in the offensive zone.

Radulov's presence reminds me a lot of Daniel Sedin's presence; he has that superstar factor about him that should make him a top-line player. He can score at any moment, and he'll make some unexpected plays that will result in great scoring opportunities.

Vancouver likes to stack its top powerplay unit despite the Sedins and Kesler usually playing on different lines (Kesler and Henrik are both centermen). Until just recently, that has resulted in their powerplay being the best in the league.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote