Thread: Confirmed with Link: Reilly Smith signed to ELC, assigned to Dallas
View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 07:01 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I'm saying he'll sign a contract for a higher cap hit than his ELC. This isn't complicated.

No one's saying we'll be in "cap hell" or it will be a "doomsday scenario". All the hyperbole is invented by you.
You're right it's not complicated.

I'm saying you're twisted over $700K to $2 million in extra cap space for a single season. Unless they are in "cap hell", that is insignificant.

So you're entire contention over him burning an ELC year is over a hypothetical situation where his inflated cap hit somehow hurts the team. I didn't invent anything ... that's exactly what you are claiming.

Otherwise, your claim is that him burning an ELC is bad because it raise Dallas' payroll ... that's it. Not even that it potentially pushes them over the cap .... just they'll have less cap space.

However, the fact that you specifically mentioned cap flexibility earlier proves I'm not putting words in your mouth or creating some cap hell situation. A higher cap hit to Reilly only hurts cap flexibility if Dallas is spending to the cap in two years.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote