Old
03-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Gomez?

But I agree he is overpaid, just nowhere near Gomez territory.
Well, last year, Gomez had 38pts, Vinny had 54 although he was injured for some time. That being said, the difference isn't all that big.
This year is another story with Gomez at 11pts and Vinny at 46. Both were injured but Gomez missed more than half the year, playing only 38 games, and I think we misused him completely.
Not sure what role management wanted him to hold, it seemed like they wanted him to play as he always did with one winger and very little ice time, and on the 2nd PP wave with guys like Campoli at the point.
If our coach actually knew what he was doing, he could have converted Gomez into a 3rd-4th line type of player. Focus on the defensive side of the game, teach him about it, and make some use out of him, instead of giving him AK only to drag him down with him as they're expected to produce offensively on the 4th line.

Anyways, I'm drifting away.
Point being, both are pretty overpaid. Vinny has been injured these past two years.
I don't think they are worlds apart, and Vinny definitely has the worse contract.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote