View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
Around Snowdon metro, these kids have been around for a long time.

My first "face to face" with them was a couple years ago, as I was coming out of the metro, some kid wasn't watching where he was going and almost ran right into some old lady. He didn't because I stopped him just in time by tapping on his shoulder to make him aware.

But right after I did that, one of the kids pushed my arm away yelling "don't touch my brother you *******!", at which point I tried to explain to him what happened, but he had none of it. It seemed like he was trying to pick a fight. As I was dearly hoping he would try to push me so I could give him the whupping of his life, he didn't. He just tried to intimidate me (which failed miserably) and that was that. But that's probably because it was just him and his brother.

Anyways, these kids are punks and it's clear that their parents are doing an incredibly ****** job raising them. They're every where too. I caught a group of them (must have been 12-15 years old) stomping on trimmed bushes, for no reason. Gave them a stern talking to and they walked away. They have no respect for anything or anyone. That's a parental failure if I ever saw one.
This is all very tragic. Those kids are either going to get killed before they reach 20, or live a ****** life.

But you can't put the blame on the parents entirely. We're talking about people who came here in search of a new life, but as soon as they get here, we tell them their degrees aren't worth ****, so they have to either go back to school or pick 2 jobs each to be able to raise a family. All this while dealing with racism/intolerance and adaptation to a new country.

It's a society problem, is what I'm trying to say. And I also agree that the biggest danger we are facing is a rise in extreme-right movements like in many parts of Europe for instance.

I had a similar experience at Montmorency metro this summer. I really doubt it's the same gang, but it was a bunch of immigrant teenagers who tried to pick a fight with me, shouting insults at me as soon as I stepped in the station.

EDIT: Replaced Magreb by immigrant, but I still feel like it sounds bad. I just don't want to make this about where they come from at all. You have punks and idiots all over the world.