View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Our defensive corps, as it is today, was constructed from 2005 to the present. It took a long time, but was well worth the wait. We currently have four, count 'em, four, first round picks and two all stars in our top 3 pairings.

What's all the more amazing is that we still have another 1st rounder in McIlrath in the system.Now we did strike out in 2006 on Sanguinetti, but among first round D-men he was our sole blemish.
Our defense is young and filled with All-Star and even potential gold medal caliber D-men. Our future on the blue line is looking quite bright.

What are your thoughts on how we constructed our defense? Do you think we should have done anything differently?
No arguments or complaints from me on how our defense has been constructed during that period of time. The only issue I have per say is that we have a plethora of left side defensemen(Staal, McD, MDZ and Tim) who are for all intents and purposes very similar in the type of games they play. Sure there are subtle differences between the above four(4) players but going forward, we really need to hang on to McIIrath and give him ever opportunity to improve his skills and eventually make the team because he is the one defenseman(prospect or otherwise) we have who brings variables to the table that none of our present defensemen possess.

A healthy Sauer for next year will also help us out tremendously.

I think we have done an excellent job building our defense core and so I'm content with how we've drafted and, equally as important, the manner in which they have been developed.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote