View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 12:35 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Besides Leblanc, who is tall but on the light side there are not very many of these NB kids who are very big.Still early to write someone off because of size these kids are 14 and should still grow, Jacob is not a very big player and is similar to Towers in skill do you think his size will hold him back ?I think Belic from Moncton is a big kid that will do well in Midget next year.
well from my years of experience as a scout and even before I was a scout I was doing scouting for magazines and such I watch players and how they grow and a kid who is in his last year Bantam to his year in midget will probably grow 1 inch or possibly 2 inches....for a guy like Tower that would bring him up to say a listed 5'07 or 5'08....BUT here is the thing, us as teams we have CSR do the messuer of these guys and an example is players on Halifax Titans roster were listed at say 5'10 and when we got the actual sizes from CSR these guys were 5'07 and a half to 5'08...so Jacob is listed at 5'05 but in reality he might be 5'04, teams always do the height on skates.....it is hard to say how a player will go over to midget when height is not the best, some do well, some have trouble with the strength.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote