Thread: Adrian Aucoin
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e)
Actually, big difference in value for these two. I actually think the Sens could get a solid return for Pothier. He's proven he is a NHL d-man, and he has significant offensive upside. A spot in a quality top 4 down the road is a distinct possibility (if not probability).

That said, I'm certainly not going to pretend he and a pick would be enough for Aucoin. But maybe for a proven rental player at the deadline.

What the heck is goin' on in Long Island Darth? Is there really a firesale going on, or have these rumours been greatly exagerated?
There are conflicting reports. The latest statements in NEWSDAY suggest that the sitatuion is stable - for now. If there are anymore salary cuts, the guy to fall will likely be Parrish. Isles have said they will not break up their top four on defense or move Peca.

It is really hard to understand the Wiemer deal though, and I'm suspicious. The speed with which the Isles moved to unload him and the fact that they moved him at all is fairly surprising. Wiemer may not have been a stud but he filled a critical role on the Isles (a big tough guy who can play - sort of Scatchard on the wing). I think there is something up that none of us know about.