View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
txomisc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
My intention isn't to nitpick the 100 Degree hockey guy. I love his stuff.

However, this article is incorrectly explaining the Reilly Smith situation.

Austin Smith (and soon to follow Alex Chiasson) signed both an ATO with Texas and an ELC with Dallas.

1. An ELC agreement between A. Smith/Chiasson is for the 2012-13 season and beyond. Neither player is currently under contract with the Dallas Stars this season.

2. The ATO is the only professional contract these players have at this time. It covers them for remainder of the 2011-12 season.

The 10 game slide 100 Degree is talking about refers only to 18 and 19 year old players (as of September 15th). These players are under contract with the team. If they are playing professional hockey (AHL, ECHL, or CHL), they are drawing their ECL minor league salary. As long as they don't play more than 9 NHL games, their contract slides.

The trade deadline has absolutely nothing to do with a contract slide.

Reilly Smith will force his contract to begin this season by playing a single game since this is technically is 20 year old year (based on September 15th) in terms of entry level contracts and the slide rule.
I wouldnt consider it nitpicking at all. That is significant information that someone who is going to run a website dedicated to giving information should get right.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote