View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Murphy controls the game and goes end to end a few times a game, but without the puck he's not so good. I prefer Ryan Ellis to him.

Sorry i forgot Morrow wasn't eligable.

Well honestly the Bruins don't need him, but he likely will play there as he has nothing to prove in the OHL anymore, he's dominated the league.

Beaulieu is better defensively than Murphy, he also has much better size that helps him and will help him transition to the NHL. Murphy had to change his game exactly, because his defense isn't up to par, while the rest were.
Where does this assesment come from? How is he not good without without the puck? He makes mental errors, but as I said, so do almost every junior defensemen. His speed and hockey sense allows him to get back to cover most mistakes.

And Beaulieu really isn't better defensively than Murphy. And you're wrong on the second part, Murphy had to change his game because Don Hay and the other assistant coaches (Especially the one, forget his name but he was the one responsible for Murphy being cut from the 2011 Ivan Hlinka despite Murphy being far and away the best player at that camp) wanted Murphy to play a defense first style and they all but neutralized his game. Murphy lost all his edge, offensively and defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJIMODIERE19 View Post
Hunter Shinkaruk????? No one thinks he makes it???
I do...

Second post.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote