View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
If I was offered anything less than a 1st or a top-6 Winger for Clowe, I would just walk.
Personally, I wouldn't mind moving Clowe for multiple futures rather than focusing on maxing out his value on one asset. If the team can get a 2nd, a prospect, and a 7th or something like that, this organization should definitely consider it. The Sharks will need to replenish their pool and it wouldn't hurt to move Clowe to get someone in that plays quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
You're probably right about Murray, but I definitely think Clowe could bring back a 1st depending on the team. After one bad year everyone forgets that he's coming off off a 60+ point season, and that he was one of our most important players in the playoffs last year. When you look at the returns not only for Gaustad but for guys like Moore and AK47, and add in the fact that Clowe has a lot of those "intangible" qualities that teams love, it's not that crazy of an idea.
I'm sure Clowe could bring in a 1st in the 20's. The problem is that the Sharks have historically bitten the big one when it comes to drafting there so unless they plan to take that pick, package it with theirs, and move into the top ten, they should probably look into a package of futures rather than just the one. Clowe is still very valuable but I think the team needs to play faster in their top six and Clowe is the least versatile of the six. He's tough and can hang on to pucks with the best of them but he doesn't score goals, he doesn't play defense or kill penalties, and he hasn't done too much in the way of play-making this year. This isn't the first time he's had struggles in this way either. When he's good, he is good and generally for the year but when he's bad he is bad for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Its either that or he is signed by the Sucks.
I don't think the Ducks will go after him either. They already have Visnovsky, Beauchemin, Sbisa, Lydman, and Fowler. They only really need a 3rd pairing guy and there's no need for them to spend 3 mil to get Stuart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Why was he being shopped? The original DW proposal was Stuart for Samsonov.
That was also seven years ago, Easy. Stuart isn't the same guy he was then. He's much more defensively focused and physical whereas with the Sharks, he was more offensively-inclined and inconsistent in his own zone. If Stuart comes at a similar rate to Murray, who is worse than Stuart, then you have to make that move. It's a chance to snag a useful player in free agent and gain a future asset or two by trading Murray. That's not something they can pass up based on minor issues from seven years ago.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote