View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
we did beat them with offense. we beat Canada in 2010 with the fastest skating team on the ice. we had one of the more offensively skilled teams we had assembled from the point on down.

I think it is a misconception that you need to have the best defense to win these things...more times then not it turns into some type of a shootout style game where the last man standing wins.

I am not saying just throw all offensive players out there, and look up my team on the International Tournament board and you will see a lot of beef in my lineup...but in a tournament like this, having shifty, gritty, offensive players can make the difference for you.

this years US team should have achieved so much more, and they did have some smaller forwards, but the players we can go to battle with next year are a bit more highend/gritty imo : Gaudreau, McColgan, Grimaldi, Trocheck, etc
I agree that if they are hard working, gritty, good at defense and don't make stupid plays than get them on the team. Height doesn't matter that much(except in Grimaldi's case).

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote