View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
But if Canada has a deep forward group all of our lines have to be ready for anything.

Defense>Skating>Hard Working/Gritty>Not Dumb>Offense(Skills)
ofcourse, but I think you have to build team USA to fit our style and system, we cant worry about what Canada has because they simply have so much every year we would go crazy trying to play chess with them.

build a team like the 2010 squad as long as you have the talent to do so.

a team mixed of CHL/NCAA players, and a solid mix not just a few CHLers. the 2010 team almost had double digit US kids from the CHL...that helped imo.

you also have to have a tough and fast team (easy for me to say), but you need guys that can create offense and others that can hammer players through the boards. we had that mix in 2010 with our tougher players McRae, Walker, Jenks, and even Morin who was crunching people out there...mixed with Kristo, Schroeder, Johnson, and Kreider who were just flying out there.

I would model every team to that 2010 team if I could. I think the US failed to mix it up like that this year, and by next year they really wont have a choice with all our CHL American talent now.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote