03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Just as a quick courtesy bit...

Yes, we do have one or two semiregulars who are fans of other teams first. They're generally pretty cool, though, and they're legitimately around to watch the Jackets (and will comment on play just like the rest of us), so as long as they stay cool we let them stay around - especially since they're typically fine with getting kicked around for daring to not be Jackets fans first in a Jackets chatroom.

There've been some "differences of opinion" on this lately, as occasionally other teams come up in conversation. That's fine, but we're not interested in folks seriously picking fights. We're all in-chat to watch the Jackets, after all.
In light of recent events, I would like to reiterate the above. We the moderators of Live Chat do not consider the status of "being a fan of another team" to be inherently trolling, and react just as poorly to insults leveled to such folks as we would to folks insulting our own fans.

At the same time, we expect similarly reasonable conduct from such visitors, and that includes not egging on folks who are frustrated.

We had both come up earlier this evening, and believe me when I say that taking action against that sort of thing is no fun.

Be excellent to eachother, y'all! Keep rule #1 in mind, and remember that Chat also has an /ignore function.

This is all.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!