View Single Post
Old
11-17-2003, 12:49 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i haven't really seen this kid play- is he for real, is he way above his head, or is he a decent guy that thrives with good linemates?
King is playing really well... better than I think any Canuck fan could have expected.

The great thing though with his play is that he's actually effective even if you minus his offensive production... he's a great match for the Sedins - cause like the twins he never hurts you out there defensively... and the line spends most of the majority of their shifts in the offensive zone.

My only concern right now with him is durability... he's taking a pounding on a regular basis in the offensive zone, and still always seems to head to the front of the net every game... so far he hasn't shown signs of fatigue or shying away from the physical play due to this constant pounding, but right now he's not a big guy and I'd think that eventually it's going to catch up to him... he needs to put on about 10-15 pounds more to play the style he does... not many players can take that kind of punishment every game and not get injured.

but so far, he's probably been our most consistent player offensively... and that line has been our best line overall - from game 1 on... I just hope they don't slow down, but from the physical punishment that whole line has been taking, it's only a matter of time before they slow down, or get injured IMO.