View Single Post
Old
11-17-2003, 01:56 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
I agree with the other posters here... doesn't look like there is a good match between these two teams... the Isles not only have enough dmen, they have enough offensive dmen on their team... I don't see any need for Sopel, when you already have Aucoin, Hamrlik and Ninnimma (and Jonnson) capable of providing offense from the blueline.

I also don't think that the Canucks are in any position to add any more salary - definitely not another team's salary dump (like in the Isles case where in a deal they would want to lose at least some salary)... with the Bertuzzi extension, I don't think we have any more room to spare - and we still have 2 big RFAs to lockup after this season (Morrison and Ohlund).

I also don't think that Parrish is at all needed... and Carins, although a tough dman, would be a #6 on our team, and that too until Slegr takes that spot from him.

If there are any players on the Isles that we could use, IMO the best fit would be Scatchard (if not for his previous fallout with Crawford)... I'd love to see us acquire a gritty 2-way center like him, to allow Linden to move back to the right wing, and have Chubarov on the 4th line...

other than that, we're pretty much set IMO... we're in a slump right now, but that can be directly linked to the top line's slump - and they won't be in it forever... the other lines are playing well, as is the defense overall.