View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 11:08 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Our defense- Light at the end of the tunnel?

This conversation was started in the Around the NHL thread but since I did the research and thought it was interesting enough to start a thread on. As I was saying in the other thread, we've been allowing very few shots this month. I could only recall 3 games where we gave up 30+ shots in a game. I was right on both counts. I bet this is probably the fewest shots on goal on average that we allowed all season. I won't do THAT kind of research but I would be surprised if that wasn't the case. The following are the shots on goal that we allowed in March:

That's an average of 25.7 shots per game. That would be .6 shots per game less than St. Louis is giving up on the season (they allow the fewest).

However the quality of chances has gone up significantly. Seems like it's just been bad turnovers, bad pinching, and brain farts. Maybe our D hasn't been as bad as it looks after all. Now my question is if we cut down on the turnovers, bad pinching and brain farts could this D become better than ever?

Last edited by SnowblindNYR: 03-26-2012 at 11:25 PM.
SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote