View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
countrcultur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD66 View Post
I think that guy discounted Dumba for having less "wow" factor due to him focussing on playing more sound defense and being more calculated with those big hits, so they didn't come as often. I saw Dumba improve his defensive positioning and skills all year. He still needs to work on it, and I think he'll be back in Red Deer next year too, but he hasn't regressed in my opinion.

Plus, Petrovic gets an A++ and Dumba a B-? From watching the Rebels all year I don't agree with that. Dumba was easily just as strong as Petrovic from what I saw.
Agreed. Dumba and petrovic shared duties and played fairly equal minutes and at a fairly even level. I would say dumba slightly bigger impact offensively and Alex better defensively slightly.

As far as wingers flying by him a lot... Seriously? I didn't see it. The reason they couldnt win enough games down the stretch is they had like 10-18 injuries with some key guys out. Dumba's partner was out which was there number four and I think petrovics partner as well. I saw the other guys get beat a lot but they were stepping up big time in minutes and responsibility.

countrcultur is offline   Reply With Quote