View Single Post
Old
03-26-2012, 11:24 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I'm an Anglo-Québecer and I know who Ginette Reno is. Horrible singer and somewhat funny in Mambo Italiano. Want to know what else I know? Cheese and peanut butter sandwiches taste AWFUL. Wait, what does peanut butter and cheese sandwiches have to do with this thread? About the same as Ginette Reno.

I understand that when talking about les Nordiques de Québec's impact on the Habs, it is virtually impossible to keep language out of it. It's there and it always will be. But for the sake of this thread keeping afloat, keep it respectful in here. Stay on topic and if you can't steer clear of making this an Anglo-vs-Franco battlefield, then... I don't even know what I am capable of.
Somewhat funny and realistic.
But Ginette Reno is a great singer. Not that I listen to her stuff, but I'd actually listen a Ginette Reno album over a Celine Dion album. 11 times out of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

In fact this is one of the reasons I can't wait for the Nords to come back, so the Canadiens can be the team of Montreal first again. The Nordiques already tried once to accuse the Habs of being an anglophone/federalist team, I'm not too worried about Habs losing their French speaking fans.
The Habs should be the team of Montreal first and foremost. Second, it should be like, open of everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I think it would be great for the rivalty.

I think it would be very bad for the habs, especially if it happens this quickly! A pathetic season like the one we just had would give plenty of people the incentive to switch. The timing couldn't be worst.
Terrific point as far as Habs are concerned. Don't want the Nords to be in the NHL next season, because of what happened this season.

However, it COULD be funny. At this point, I suspect there'll be LOT LESS of talks regarding French presence on the Habs (and with the Nords!) -- a lot of people actually arguing this point were probably never fans to begin with.

Unless the Nords really give the starting duties to Louis Domingue, which would pretty much spell disaster. Or spell Nathan MacKinnon. On second thought, would you please keep Mike Smith in its role?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

While I do believe that Montreal would stand to lose some revenue, the overall greater good would be accomplished for the game in general. It would be another intense heated rivalry. So intense, in fact that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the rivalry between Montreal and Toronto became almost non-existent again like it was during the Nords first tenure. Montreal would have Quebec and Boston, Toronto would have Ottawa and Boston.
There was no rivalry simply because they were never playing each other... and that the Leafs were extremely bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
The nords have the potential to surpass the habs in popularity in time... Especially if they win with a francophone core of mgmt and players
Hummm... The only the Nords have such potential is if somebody screws up like Pierre Gauthier did.

But... actually, worse than the Goat. How could they grow bigger than Montreal?

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote