View Single Post
Old
02-20-2006, 06:40 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
when I saw the 'big kids on roller skates with sticks in the neighborhood. Found channel 9 and parked myself in front of my parents' 13-inch color TV (yeah, color - my Solid State 13-inch TV was black and white) and watched as many games as possible. Collected hockey cards too, which for a kid, keeps my interest (got Wayne's rookie card out of a bubble gum pack - it's Topps though, not O-Pee-Chee - or the other way around, whichever isn't worth the most (story of my life, I have a Mickey Mantle Bowman rookie card - not Topps which is worth $250K!).
My grandmother one time (late 60's) took us up in her attic and pulled out all these baseball cards my dad collected when he was a kid from the 30's and maybe the 40's. A lot of Hall of Famers. My Dad later on collected them all and chucked them out in a spring cleaning. This was before the sports card craze hit the adult investment world. I've always wondered what all that would have been worth. Oh well. C'est la vie. Anyway I do have a lot of old Ranger cards but I haven't collected any for years.