View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
WG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I agree with most of the things the writer had to say.

As for next season... really, who knows? I mean we could be back in the playoffs or back in last place. We've got a bunch of players ready to break out but still have huge holes in the lineup. It's all over the place right now.

I just hope we stick to building internally and patiently stick with our prospects.
I'm on the side that thinks that with a couple of UFA and a return to health this is a playoff team next year. No futures trades though (i.e. no 2013 1st for player X and no Leblanc for Clarke Macarthur type deals). Give Leblanc, Paloosh, Gallagher etc. a full year in Hamilton which will do more for their development than 7 mins a night on the 4th line in Montreal.

In fantasy land, shoot the moon for Suter to solidify the D, sign Parenteau ( a guy cited in spector's article who could add some scoring depth) and a proper 4th line centre and you have improved the team but still left the prospect pool alone. Then in the next couple of years you can ease out the veteran players (Gionta, Plek, maybe Cole) with young players ready to contribute in meaningful roles.

WG is offline   Reply With Quote