View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
[QUOTE=HockeyBasedNYC;46794769]Last year, with the same defensive approach - the Rangers had several blowout and higher scoring games, scoring 5 or more goals 16 times last season - and that was without Richards. (and about half of those games were late in the season, so it wasn't against teams still getting their defense down, they did it all consistently.)

This year they've only scored 5 or more 8 times, and only twice in the last 48! I'm still waiting for that shoe to drop, because they have that ability. In fact, they've probably could have scored 5 or more in a few recent games if it wasn't for insane goaltending against.
Could it be due to their style of play this year? tighter games? Not opening up and staying more disciplined? Maybe. But to me this is pretty much the same team, and if anything they have more scoring ability. (It could simply be the PP % as well 29th this year, 18th last year)

I'm hoping they'll get a couple more of those games over the next 3-5 games to regain that offensive confidence - starting with tonight, a team they beat 5-2 last season and is really beat up.[/QUOTE I was there for the one against Florida on that Sunday night. Anyway, let's hope both NY teams get two points tonight. And I'm talkin about the Rangers and the Islanders lol