View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 10:21 AM
HeShootsHeScores

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
So guys we all agree on tanking this time, right? No more "how could you" post. No more "I will never root against my team" stuff. No more "stop being jerks, tank nation!".
Tanking was way too popular when there were barely half the games played. It was stupid to wish your team to lose at that stage of the season. Later, I hoped for a strong finish for the team to gain confidence before next season. I was not pissed at the idea of finishin 9th, if it were only to prove the team was better that its record showed.

Then came the trade deadline. We got rid of the most talented player of the team and the vet d-men. The message was clear : we'll downgrade our team to make it as bad as its record shows.

Now, 6 games left, it's warmer outside, we know we won't make the playoffs. I miss half the games. The players don't have much to prove now, as they know they don't have that many assets. Confidence will have to be built from scratches at the start of next season.

Now we can say our victory will be a promising future.

Tanking (or the idea of not beng bothered at all by a loss) is now a logical idea.

And I think most of the players are not motivated right now. They'll want to start the season on a better note next year. From that perspective I'd give Bourque some more time to showcase his upsides.