View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 10:29 AM
cassius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
I sort of want to quit everything and just write. Of course, that's way out of my price range. Once I'm teaching, I'll spend all summer writing, so it'll be cool.

I will never be famous, but if I ever get famous, I'm going to put a provision in my will that says they can only make a movie out of my life if they title it "How to Waste the Producer's Money and the Audience's Time: The 'Seriously, Why The Hell Is This A Movie?' Story," if they make the movie two hours of slapstick with no discernible plot and no resemblance to my actual life story, and give my part to an Asian guy or a really tall, skinny black dude (in other words, somebody of an ethnic minority who looks nothing like me).

I would do this partly to troll the crap out of people, partly because I just think it's funny, and partly to tell the movie industry exactly what I think of them.
You don't need to quit your job to start writing. Just do it - if you put good ****ing content out there, people *will* read it.

I started a blog a few years back and now I get 10,000 visitors a month... never even planned it that way. Just started off as a hobby and now it's getting to the point where I'll soon be able to quit my job and do writing full-time (if I wanted to go down that path).

Yeah, it can be a grind continually working to produce new content for my site, but I am pretty passionate about it so it doesn't even feel like work.