View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 11:07 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortNeverLose View Post
In my opinion, Letang might be the most important player on that team. And that is saying something with Malkin having an MVP season and Crosby being Crosby
I can see Letang winning a Norris Trophy or two over the next few seasons, if he stays healthy, on that Pens team. He's incredibly impressive out there. He carries the puck well, he hits, plays great defensively, great offensively, eats up big mnutes - flawless player and already a great defenseman, still a baby in relative terms...what a gem of a player.

Crosby is so incredible, far and away the best player in the NHL. Even playing limited minutes, with "scrubs", and still tentative out there, he's so skilled and able to generate offense. He embarrassed Zidlicky twice the other night and he's hardly even played this year. This guy can have a HOF career even if he plays on the perimeter and avoids contact the rest of his hockey career.

I like when the Isles-Pens play because it's a good test for some of the Isles core young players. You'll see Tavares play even more intensely and hopefully Okposo, Bailey, Nielsen, Moulson, Grabner, Parenteau, AMac, Streit play this game with some intensity and tenacity....even though they have nothing to play for at this stage.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote