View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You realize, of course, that Bourque outscored Cammalleri last year and was doing it again this year prior to the trade while making half his salary, right? If you're going to portray one as a god and the other as scum, you should at least check the facts.

Regardless, I'd like to see how Bourque does with us with a real coach behind the bench before I pass my judgement.
A lot of credit goes to Iginla and Jokinen for getting him on the scoresheet as often as he did. Because, despite managing to get points (which is all the scoreboard checkers have the chance to see), those of us who actually watch lots of out of town games year in, year out, have heard and seen a LOT about Bourque's ability to disappear for long stretches, and display little intensity/effort for 16 of his ~18 mins/game. Came as a shock to some who saw those stats and started to hope, but it is what it is, and some of us told ya so from the start.

If the goal was to make some cap space, then fait accomplit. If the goal was to make the Habs harder to play against, then epic fail.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote