View Single Post
Old
02-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I don't know Fletch I've always kind of seen a humorous side to my dad chucking out all those cards. As far as the wrestling everyone's talking about--I remember Roller Derby. And Monster movie matinee on Saturdays. We always seemed to find a f'upped way to lose. Park getting faked out of jockstrap in the first game of the finals in 72 by Ace Bailey (0 goals that year until then). Parise 6 seconds into overtime or was it 11? The Morrow goal. We'd hit post after post (slight exaggeration) and then give up something real cheap. All I know is that anybody that remembers them from the 50's and 60's has my sympathy. They went through a lot just to get to that Cup in 94. Hallelujah for that day.
Ah, Garnet "Ace" Bailey, another no name that terrorized us....Man, before the Flyers made us their whipping boy there were the big bad Bruins with Bailey, Awrey. Cashman and Pie Face McKenzie and others that madee us run and hide...

And Hah, Roller Derby, what a blast, Charlie O'Connel and Big Bad Bob Woodbury..