View Single Post
Old
02-20-2006, 02:25 PM
beckis

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to beckis
Hell we (Sverige) har lots of great athletes ........

The thing is in Sweden tax money pay (mostly) for the young people in this country to get as good a shot as you can get to be the best you can be .....

So we kind of "demand" that they come play for out national teams and stuff ... the only way for us to get some pride and/or money back to give more kids the shot to try and be great .....

Peter i think is one of the few who has made it that understands he has to give something back ...... not just money but play for the country that made it possible for him to become the best player in the world .....

And dont say he did it all himself ...... you can not compare Sweden to almost any other country ... we are going downhill (like the US ) fast though but Peter is a product of how our country used (still somewhat) is working .....

He got to go to school for four years instead of three to get more time to practise and stuff .....

i can keep writing forever about how he benefited from coming from Sweden but i will wait until after the second period of the womens final ...... Sweden getting killed now ..... but hey atleast they beat the US