View Single Post
Old
02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Wild Thing

vCash: 500
I say that as long as there's a realistic chance to make the playoffs, they've gotta go for it. It's an invaluable aid to a young player's development, even if they don't make the postseason - because even if they fall short, the players come away from the experience having learned a crucial lesson about what it would have taken to make it to the next tier, and what it will take to make it next year. A step like that in the development of all these young stars-in-the-making is a lot more valuable than however many bags of pucks they can expect to get for Daigle and Tjarnquist. And guys like Mitchell and Kuba aren't going anywhere anyway; the Wild will pay the fare for these guys when the time comes.

As an aside... Doobs, you know i think the world of you man, so please don't take this personally - but I really think you'd be a lot happier if you could get past this habit you have of making lists of bad things that may or may not someday happen. There's no upside to this practice, really. It just leads to anguish and despair.