View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
For all of the Wilson love, it's funny looking at his even strength stats compared to guys like Halischuk and Bourque. No complaining about their need for better line mates .. just doing the things away from the puck that result in them getting points. One of the things Wilson admitted getting called out for by the staff in his interview.

The kid has a lot of talent, but, he shows a lot of the deficiencies that Radulov did in 2007. Being a good hockey player isn't just scoring goals when the puck gets on your stick. It's doing the little things away from the puck offensively, on the forecheck, and defensively.
Maybe we all just get excited when we see a player who actually uses his creativity and hockey IQ instead of just shooting to get shots on goal on the score sheet. He is an exciting player to watch! Every player on this team makes defensive mistakes. It seems like if Wilson does, it has to be dissected to no end.
The point blank shot on the pass from Jaden Swartz in the first because of lost coverage? Wilson was on the bench. Also in the O zone, both Radulov and Legwand tried to carry in themselves and turned it over. If that was Wilson you would be be screaming that, that is why he is in the doghouse. Get serious.
I also think sitting Smith is a mistake even though defensively he struggles. At least he adds some excitement to the game.
Cannot argue with your coach though...he gets results! Just saying, if you are going to be critical of Wilson on his very move...look at the rest.
Enough ranting. I hope your team goes far in the playoffs because I think Rinne deserves that fate!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote