View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Neal Before Zod

vCash: 500
Tough game. We gave up far too many chances...but it really isn't any different than how the other 5 Preds-Blues games were played. Not a lot of room to make plays...they buried their chances, we didn't.

I actually think I like the idea of playing Halak more than Elliot. Elliot was a stone wall tonight. Also, the Blues create a lot of their own traffic in front of the net...yet they keep you from having many open point shots. Gotta start aiming for the head...that'll teach em.

All in all, not really a poor effort. Just a tough loss. They outplayed us...but it could've easily been a one goal game had a few things bounced our way. We had a lot of clearing plays that bounced off of our own guys and kept the puck in the zone.

We've got to constantly work on puck possession and crisp passing...that was the main thing I saw lacking tonight. The Blues style made us impatient, and we forced a lot of passes we that we shouldn't have made.

I liked the effort from Rads, but it became apparent to me that he still has to work on not trying to do everything himself...there were a number of times where we lost possession because he simply wouldn't chip it in deep. Very Colin Wilson-esque.

I thought Gaustad, Gill, and Klein all had solid games.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote