View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 11:03 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
I've seen him in the 1st Round in some recent mocks. Can you explain further.
He just hasn't taken that next step in my viewings. A player that shined as a youngster but who's game has stagnated while others have caught up. He has a very good skill set but I don't think he gets it overall: how to maximize those talents, how to prepare and approach the game, etc. I wouldn't say it's a lack of hockey sense yet, even though it quite possibly is, because he's still young. Sometimes it takes awhile for that to come on. Funny thing is I still think he'd be best suited - easily - by going to Wisconsin. But there have been some glaring issues that have come up this year. He looks like a player that's still impressed with what he did last year instead of a player that worked his ass off trying to improve on that year and his weaknesses.

He reminds me a hell of a lot of Adam Clendening. Elite offensive skills. Not bad but not great skating. Turnover machine. Questionable hockey sense. Clendening hasn't improved at all, heck he might have regressed, since he was 17. Hopefully Schmaltz gets it together and doesn't completely follow Adam's path.

I'd suspect Jordan is invited to the summer camp but he needs to take a BIG step to be considered for the team in my opinion. I think he also slides to the middle of the second round as well in the upcoming draft.