View Single Post
Old
03-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Posting this here so my own guys don't kill me, lol.

I have my own reason/s for making this proposal...hockey ones...but I'll keep them to myself.

If Nashville retains the rights to the #1 overall after the draft lottery...

To LA: 2012 1st overall, Steve Mason

To CBJ: Jonathan Quick

I think you guys saying you need a #1 goaltender makes sense. But drafting Yakupov #1 is a lot like drafting Nash #1 and building around him, 2.0...an extremely talented left winger with no other guys to put around him.

But in LA maybe he can be the next Robitaille, except can skate. For LA, to lose Quick, we just start Bernier instead and back him up with Mason. Maybe Mason, behind LA's defense, can become rejuvenated. If we don't have Bernier, of course we can't make this deal. Also, we need some talented but lower-priced scoring as we have a lot of big, big contracts on our team (Kopi, Doughty, the bromance, Gagne...and I think we still need a guy like Parise). LA could also trade down for more picks...we could use the picks if we don't make the playoffs this year as CBJ will have our first and we already traded away our second and third this year.

Just FYI, Quick becomes a RFA next year but I'm pretty sure CBJ has plenty of money under the cap to re-sign him. LA might not.

What do you CBJ guys think?

Oh also, we can still use RJ Umberger, maybe we send a couple decent D prospects your way? We got like 50 of them, almost as many guys as there are centers on the NHL club, lol.

- R
.><.

Last edited by Rorschach: 03-27-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Adding the RJ part