View Single Post
03-28-2012, 01:04 AM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The Edmonton game was terrible. The Pittsburgh game wasn't good either, and yes, although they are red hot right now, we should've played better. But, it happens over the course of the season. St. Louis doesn't have many of them because they're the best team in the West. Detroit is 5-9-1 in their last 15 games so they aren't finding ways to win too often despite those injuries.

As far as the "not getting over the hump" thing, I get that, but before 2010 is different in my mind than all that stuff before it when we had the ownership issues and whatnot. Since missing the playoffs in 08-09, we've improved each season, and we have no idea if we're over the hump or not right now because it's still March, and the playoffs are still two weeks away.
The first series with SJ we finished fourth, were in the running for the President's trophy and were being talked about as a contender. And would have finished first except we blew two crucial games against Detroit in March. In the playoffs, we fell flat on our faces. We have had good teams and they have failed as much as our not so good teams.

And yet despite that record over the last 15, detroit has locked up their 21st playoff spot and are ahead of us in the standings again. We are supposedly built to beat Detroit, just starting to wonder if that is ever going to happen.

You can be as optomistic as you want. I, on the other hand, want to see real results.

Last edited by hockey diva: 03-28-2012 at 01:09 AM.