View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
The first series with SJ we finished fourth, were in the running for the President's trophy and were being talked about as a contender. And would have finished first except we blew two crucial games against Detroit in March. In the playoffs, we fell flat on our faces. We have had good teams and they have failed as much as our not so good teams.

And yet despite that record over the last 15, detroit has locked up their 21st playoff spot and are ahead of us in the standings again. We are supposedly built to beat Detroit, just starting to wonder if that is ever going to happen.

You can be as optomistic as you want. I, on the other hand, want to see real results.
I'm not saying we're a lock for the Cup, but my whole debate with this started because you seem to genuinely believe Trotz and (I think you said) Poile need to go because you think the "message isn't getting through anymore" despite yet again being a playoff-bound team. Fine, "just making the playoffs" isn't going to make any of us happy anymore but the fact still remains that we're at least in it and not preparing ourselves for the next high draft pick. Us and Detroit are the only two teams in the league with 7 straight 40-win seasons. You don't just stumble into that with a coach that has lost his team. I've seen teams where the message isn't getting through anymore, and they're a whole heck of a lot worse than anything we've been in the last decade.