View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
In my opinion, McDonagh is a good defenseman but Subban is and will be better down the line.
I need to watch Subban more, but man, McDonagh is showing glimpses that he could become an almost franchise level defenseman. His ability to read the play and make the right decision is extremely good, and he's jumping up into the play at the right time more and more often. In addition to that, his one on one defense is excellent, and his overall defense is very good.

Things keeping him from being top level elite at the moment would be: he could sometimes do a little better with the puck in his own end. Mainly just that he could sometimes make a better play than sling it around the boards (not that he does that all the time), but I think that's something that will come with some time. And his shot could use improvement. Not even necessarily his slap shot, which is pretty good, but just overall getting it off, making himself more of a threat when he carries the puck into the zone or makes a move at the blueline to shake a guy and get open.

Subban already has that dynamic ability McDonagh is trying to add but probably isn't as reliable. I tend to think that Subban will always be more of a scoring threat, but they should both be great players in their own way