Thread: Cox: Burke Stay The Course
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Leafsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
I've grown out of intense prospect watching and hoping, and fantasy. Odds are almost everyone of those players will not even be in the organization in 5 years, and the best of the best, of the best, of the best, of that group will turn into solid players who can play a regular NHL shift but who we will always dismiss as expendable, stop-gaps, scape goats, players we want off our team, players not part of our future, players responsibile for why we might not be winning 5 years down the road, like Stajan, Wellwood, Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Tlusty, Stralman, Colaiacovo, Kronwall, etc.

Hell, we'd be striking gold if one of them turned into a MacArthur, or a Stempniak, but in the end all we do is complain about guys like those.

I know this is a hockeyfutures website, but this isn't two years after the lock out anymore, the honey moon with projecting prospects and using them for hope is over for me.
Really??? The odds are almost 17 of our top prospects will be gone in 5 years????

Burke has made it clear he isn't interested in trading away young assets anymore! He gets a lot of flak for not trading away 4 of our youngish players or packaging a good chunk in for Nash!

I would say odds are a decent portion of those players will make the roster in some fashion.

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote