View Single Post
Old
02-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I think Jarkko's numbers are pretty good...

he leads his team in scoring, and is in the top 25, of which the bottom 10 are in a pretty close race. It's not outstanding, but as you mentioned, I think Hartford has tried to find an indentity for much of the season and with so few holdovers from the prior year, a lot of line juggling and guys playing with new guys was present, which led to Jarkko, at times, not playing with the most offensive bunch of them. Heck, now he's with Jessiman, who's spent more time in the ECHL than the AHL and whose offensive talents at this level aren't the highest. Seems like Schoeny has balanced his lines which makes it tough for an offensive guy to have theie greatest points potential (sounds like when McGill ruled the world down there).

And MJ - I agree - prior to Sykora the second line seemingly was struggling for offense - it would not have been horrible to see him get a couple tries, but that meant benching Rucchin, which wasn't something Renney was prepared to do (although he decided to bench Nylander). I think that in the end, Renney was pretty set on who he wanted on his team. A negative for him would be for Immonen to come in, play well in a couple games, and have the pressure mount to keep him in, even though he may've thought that Rucchin and Nylander were long term better options, and better options for the hopeful playoffs, and he couldn't have them sitting for a stretch. Just a thought. The flip was that Immonen wasn't ready - but of course you really don't know if someone's ready until he comes up - this is a team that had Fedor play in the NHL, for whatever reason.